Community Youth Center
Position: Assistant Wrestling Coach for K-5 classes
- Community Youth Center (CYC) is a not for profit organization in Concord, CA dedicated to improving the lives of youth. We offer ten sports plus an Academic Excellence Program.
- The Wrestling program offers classes for age groups K-5, Middle School, and High School and is seeking a coach for the K-5 classes.
- Education: Knowledge of folkstyle, freestyle, and Greco wrestling styles. Experience coaching wrestling preferred.
- Experience: Previous experience as a wrestler, coaching wrestling, and working with children preferred. High school and college wrestling experience a plus.
- Position is year round 12-15 hours per week including some Saturdays.
- Average work week will be between the hours of 3:30-7:30 pm Monday through Friday and some Saturdays. Scheduling is flexible and hours can vary.
- Candidate must work effectively with others and must be comfortable in a room filled with active and diverse student athletes. Able to multi-task, help many students at once, and help manage the room.
Description of Duties
- Manage and run wrestling classes for K-5 age group including teaching skills and setting and achieving group advancement goals.
- Support the goals of the CYC Wrestling Program by promoting our program to potential students and their families and evaluate the program for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Maintain attendance and skill advancement records for our promotion system.
- Help keep wrestling facilities welcoming and tidy.
- Attend wrestling staff meetings.
- High energy, enthusiastic, flexible attitude for working in a very busy and sometimes chaotic environment of active middle and high school students. Able to work with several students at once or one-on-one when necessary. Child-centered and dedicated to helping students achieve their goals.
- Help create an environment that fosters a student-centered learning environment.
Send resume to Head Wrestling Coach: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about us on the web at communityyouthcenter.org